CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE | Vegan, Healthy & Gluten-Free
Delicious HEALTHY cake!! It’s oil-free and refined sugar-free as well! If you’re not the biggest fan of coconut, do not worry because the flavor of coconut isn’t too strong. FULL RECIPE BELOW
🎂 THE CAKE
– 1 cup buckwheat flour
– 3/4 cup applesauce (I used apple & berry sauce in the vid and worked well)
– 1/2 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk (any other dairy-free milk will work just as well)
– 1/3 cup carob or cacao powder
– 1/4 cup maple syrup (you can sub with agave, coco nectar,etc.)
– 1 ½ tsp baking powder
– 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Mix all the ingredients together making sure not to overmix.
2. Bake at 350F for around 30 minutes, depending on the size of your pan. Use the toothpick trick to make sure it’s done.
🎂 THE FROSTING
– The cream of one can of coconut milk
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Refrigerate the can for 24 hours making sure to not shake to let the cream and liquid separate.
2. Chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
3. Scoop out the cream and keep the liquid for another use.
4. Whip the cream until creamy and fluffly (around a minute).
5. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and whip again.
🎂 Salted Caramel Recipe : http://tinyurl.com/q3gwto3
🍎 Instagram : http://instagram.com/alypreville
🍎 Twitter : https://twitter.com/alypreville
🍎 Tumblr : http://alypreville.tumblr.com
Video Rating: / 5