Vegan Chocolate Cake - No Butter, No Egg Cake Recipe - My Recipe Book By Tarika Singh
Learn how to make Vegan Chocolate Cake at home that’s absolutely butter free and egg free and yet tastes divine.
Food blogger Tarika Singh brings you a vegan chocolate cake recipe that’s extremely simple and easy to put together. This cake isn’t too sweet on its own, so the dark chocolate glaze over it, sweetened with icing sugar hits just the right sweet notes.
For the cake:
1 cup warm water (lukewarm, not boiling)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (extra for dusting pan)
1 1/2 cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup caster sugar (160 grams)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup canola oil (or any other neutral-flavored oil, plus extra for greasing pan)
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. white vinegar
For the glaze:
50 grams dark chocolate chopped
1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
2 Tablespoons water
To make the cake:
– Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
– Use an 8-inch, removable bottom pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
– Lightly brush the pan and parchment paper with oil & dust with cocoa powder.
– In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder & lukewarm water, making sure that there are no lumps left and set aside.
– In a large pan, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda & salt.
– Make a well in the centre of these dry ingredients and add the cocoa-water mixture, oil & vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Add the vinegar & whisk.
– Transfer the batter to prepared cake pan & bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
– Once baked, place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
– Run a knife around the sides of the pan before loosening the sides of the pan.
– Open up the cake pan and gently place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the chocolate glaze:
– Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave. – Allow it to cool slightly and then whisk in the water & sifted icing sugar.
– Once this mixture takes on a spreadable consistency, pour it over the centre of the cooled cake.
– Use an offset spatula to spread the glaze evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
Host: Tarika Singh ( www.tarikasingh.com )
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Kataria
Editing: Ravi Varma
VFX – Ravi Varma, Vaibhav Dhandha
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GetCurried
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/1CUyqw
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/GyXVbY